Sunday, September 19, 2010

Adrift

Projects don't always go the way I envision, actually almost never!!!

I had turned three pieces of found driftwood into cabochons, expecting they would become part of Ripple Effect, but I changed my mind.

And then I made the herringbone chain for New Stitch = New Ideas, and I just knew the technique could give a really organic look with the right bead choices.

So when you put those two ideas together, what do you end up with?


"Adrift" - both a necklace and bracelet.

The largest "cabochon" received a bit more embellishment and became a large focal pendant, the smallest became part of the clasp.

And the medium size was just right for the bracelet, functioning both as a clasp and a focal point.

I'm happy with them - they express a sense of water or sky and definitely represent how ideas can drift and change with the current of new perspective!

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! As is your workmanship!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!! THESE ARE REALLY COOL!! How the heck do you come up with something like this? Very creative ~ thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete