Thursday, September 30, 2010

What Bird...

... could lay these eggs?

I was inspired by this "nest" we saw during a garden tour in Grand Marais to create my own version.

My version is a bit more free form and includes a moss lining. It's about three feet across and nestled into a very shady spot in my garden where nothing wants to grow - not even ferns.


I discovered it's not easy to build a nest and I doubt the birds would approve of either my technique or the final result.


But I'm very pleased with my efforts (it's better in person!!!) and while it may not survive the heavy winter snow, it cost nothing but a bit of my time - maybe I'll need to join the birds in nest building this spring - do you think they'll give me some pointers?

1 comment:

  1. Okay... now THAT IS COOL!! I have to remember this one for next spring... unless I get my butt in gear and make it yet this fall. THANKS FOR SHARING!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete