Tuesday, October 19, 2010

And the Cycle Continues...October


A maple in full flaming color is indeed a vision of autumn, but look closely at just a single fallen leaf, caught in a wildflower gone to seed - how many colors do you see?





I chose this leaf as my representation for October in my larger piece "Cycling".


All the "Cycling" pieces are meant to show the vegetation up close, intimately - depicting an entire tree was not going to work for this project.


Back to all those colors: there are more than 30 different colors of beads in this leaf, and the color of each individual bead is influenced by the beads surrounding it and yet I was unable to completely capture the shimmering colors of that fallen leaf...but at least I tried!

1 comment:

  1. Your art work is amazing ~ I just love how you get your inspiration ... from nature. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete