Monday, November 22, 2010

Branching Out




This is my first submission to the Art Bead Scene's monthly challenge; this months inspiration piece is Gustav Klimt's "Tree of Life".


I have always been enamored of Klimt's work, the dense patterns and and shimmering colors are definitely full of inspiration.




The blue tree art bead is from my stash, I don't recall where it came from, but it was a great starting point for this piece.


I wanted it to hang on the bead-studded herringbone chain, not below it. Sunburst peyote rings connect the herringbone to brass chain.




The clasp is formed of another sunburst ring and a beaded toggle.



I've been experimenting with mixed technique pieces, but this is quite different from most of my work - not so much the colors, but the overall "feel" of the piece is lighter, looser? I'm not sure how to describe it, but I do like it!




2 comments:

  1. i am a klimt fan as well. you really do beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful work. I'm always in awe and inspired by your jewelery and beadwork!

    ReplyDelete