Thursday, June 4, 2009

Don't Call Him a Worm - Le Luxe Caterpillar




This little guy was my submission for this week's challenge at the Thursday Sweet Treat, "Then Suddenly It Came To Life..."


We were challenged to interpret our favorite children's book. I choose The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. I have fond memories of reading it with my son nearly every night for years, even after he was somewhat too old for it - we just couldn't give it up!


The caterpillar is formed on a base of tubular netting with extravagant embellishment and even tiny fringed feet.
It seemed appropriate to have him pose on the front porch of our library; luckily, the beautiful planters had just been put in place, giving him some tropical plants to crawl upon.


4 comments:

  1. That is absolutely stunning! beautiful work!
    I love that book and blogged about it here:http://splendidlittlestars.blogspot.com/2009/03/its-book-of-hope.html
    There is a link to an animated version of the book.
    Eric Carle has a website and a blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I thought this was a real caterpillar at first...great color combos! I love caterpillars...I know people who scream and go ick when they see one, but when I find one, I want to pick it up and hold it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, it looks like a real caterpillar at first glance! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i thought it was a real caterpiller too! it took me a while to see it was made from beads thats so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete