Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Walk on the Wild Side

The woods are just overwhelming beautiful right now, the cool and rainy weather has extended our spring wildflower season and the mosses and ferns are just lush. Everywhere the eye can see is a new life. On my last walk I spotted four different types of violets, forget-me-not's, trillium, smooth solomon's seal, Jack -in-the-pulpit, foamflower, blue bead lilyand white baneberry, as well as many different types of fern.



Enjoy some details from my "walk on the wild side".






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I spend hours on end walking through the woods in search of goodies like these. Thanks so much for sharing these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! I've passed on the One Lovely Blog award to you. Get the details here: http://expressionsinsilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be something living in a place that has such beauty! BUT I guess if we slow down enough we can find the beauty where ever we live. Thank you for slowing my pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos! The first one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete