Sunday, June 13, 2010

Calling Spring




I really enjoy creating these little mixed media pieces; they allow me to combine my original photographs with beads and the result is wearable art - what could be better?



Grand Hotel is well known for their incredible gardens, and in the spring, it's all about the tulips.


Here, red and yellow tulips sparkle against a background of trees with newly sprouting leaves and the bright punctuation of an old fashioned red phone booth - and, yes, it still functions.


4 comments:

  1. Very sweet,
    I especially like the red phone booth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work!!!! Love all fo the beadwork and stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I absolutely love tulips. I have yet to make it up to the Grand Hotel (I'm in Ann Arbor), but am looking forward to it. I'll have to make sure I go when the tulips are blooming!! Love the stitching and beading.

    ReplyDelete