Monday, February 1, 2010

Water Horse - Part Two

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the wonderful comments - thank you all so much!

There were also many questions, so I thought I would give a bit more detail regarding construction.

The base of the piece is formed using the right angle weave technique, each square of the background "net" is approximately 1/8 of an inch square. The entire piece is 4"x 5 1/2", I will probably be adding a 1/2" fringe on the bottom edge, to bring it up to a finished size of 4" x 6" and also to add to the illusion of a bodice filler.

The piece is fairly flexible, due to the use of size 15/0 beads and as not all the background is filled. I've made bracelets using this technique, they are very comfortable to wear as they easily conform to the wrist.

I've toyed with the idea of creating something larger, more textile related - say a 1920's style dress - it would look fabulous, but would also be an incredible time commitment!

Again, thank you so much for all the kind comments!

3 comments:

  1. it would be very cool but wow time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the answers to the questions! I think it will look lovely and become a "stand-alone" piece with the addition of a fringe... but I also love the simplicity of it as is now.

    Robin A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What type/ number, shape of beads are you using for the project?
    thank you

    ReplyDelete